Pages

Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Heads Up


In a couple of weeks our old farmhouse is going to be completely renovated inside from bottom to top. New floors with heating, redesigned top floor, one large area on the bottom floor instead of separate rooms, new bathrooms etc. Everything modernised with sun panels for water and electricity and whatever else they can think of.
All this means moving out for about 6 months, praying to the Gods that house doesn't collapse when breaking starts and putting the blog on hold.
More than likely my records will be going into storage as will the audio equipment used to rip. I will be able to re-post items and maybe some cd's if I take them with me to the temporary house.
Just as well there are a couple of excellent Blues Blogs that will keep you busy and on the upside you'll have more time to listen to what they post.

20 comments:

Gill said...

Good Luck, I did my bathroom, this year... what a PITA!

lapiedra52 said...

I beg the Lord will give you a great dose af patience. Take care.
Lapiedra52

George Dimakis said...

Good luck!
See you when you get back!

Juan Jose Caldara| said...

SUERRTEEEE!!!!

Clarence E. Jones III said...

Good luck on the remodel! We'll catch you when you are back & better than ever.

Skinnymon said...

Oh noooo! I recently had to experience the joys of a kitchen remodel here two months ago and it cut into my online time so much I'm still trying to catch up on visiting blogs to see what I missed to download.

Well, while I have a chance thanks for all the Hartmut's series which should be close to wrapping up(?). (I didn't get a chance at the end of the Frits' series. You went on extended leave of absence then.) :)

-Skinnymon (with an "n")

Bob Mac said...

Thanks for letting is know Xyros. Sure hope everything works out well for you with your home renovations. And keenly look forward to the return of your outstanding blog.

Anonymous said...

good luke

bookseller64 said...

good luck Xyros my friend:you have given me many hours of Listening pleasure

Nappyrags said...

Hope all goes as planned and thank you for all the great tunes

BobCat said...

Best of luck with the home improvements. Thanks for all the hours of listening ... looking forward to your return

Anonymous said...

Best of luck with the project! - Stinky

pino said...

Good Luck,
ciao .. !!!

Pépé said...

In french we say: "Quand le bâtiment va, tout va"
when the building trade is thriving, everything is thriving
good luck

Anonymous said...

One hopes that good comes to those who do good, seems to me that you should get some payback for so much shared.
Enjoy your new home when complete!
Bottleneck

Saturday Blues said...

All the best for the renovation. It will be great when it's done, but don't stress throughout the work.
Thanks for all the great work you have done, and I hope to see you again.
Regards, Terry

Anonymous said...

Good luck!
See you soon

Marc Claes said...

It's great to put new life into an old house , it will work out fine .
Looking forward to your return Xyros .
Marc

Slabtown said...

Good luck with the big project. I'll miss checking in to see what goodies you're offering. Until you return, thanks for all of the wonderful music.

Paul (in Canada)

Xyros said...

Thank you all for your kind words and best wishes with the renovation.
I might post the occasional foto of work in progress and I'll try and keep the requests and repostings open.