Pages

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Eddie Clearwater - Direct From Chicago


Live recordings from 1976 and 1977 from Eddie Clearwater backed by Jimmy Dawkins, Eddie Taylor, Frred Below and others.
The recordings done by Marcelle Morgantini for her small MCM label may not be the best quality but where done with love and respect for the musicians and music. Also led to the launching of several  (international) careers such as Magic Slim, Eddie Clearwater and others.
For most blues fans it was also the closest most of us ever got to a Blues club in Chicago.  I suggest you visit http://www.storyvillerecords.com/products/the-chicago-blues-box-1088612 for more info on MCM and where you can purchase a 8cd box set (as I have.... yes I do buy cd's and so should you.)

Post: http://www33.zippyshare.com/v/70346736/file.html

5 comments:

12vjoe said...

I haven't commented nearly as much as I should - you have a terrific site & share so many excellent things! Thanks so much!

Xyros said...

Glad you like the site and music and I wouldn't worry to much about comments :-).

Xyros said...

Help ... Does someone know why the comments keep dissappearing from the "recent comments" box after a couple hours to a day.

frumious bandersnatch said...

Thanks for this and the rest. I think this page about Marcelle Morgantini would interest you an dfaithful followers of your blog :

http://www.unrulysun.net/sonmaxwell/feature-marcelle-morgantini-and-mcm-records/

Beautiful story and admirable woman.

Art Schuna said...

I own the Chicago Blues Box that you mention in the post. I don't know if it has all of the MCM recordings but it has a lot of great ones. Highly recommended if you are fan of Chicago blues. I can't imagine there are many that go to this website who are not.

Art