Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Percy Mayfield - Live


1 Never Say Naw
2 The River's Invitation
3 Strange Things Happening
4 Don't Start Lying To Me
5 Loose Lips
6 My Jug And I
7 Please Send Me Someone To Love
8 My Mind Is Trying To Leave Me Too
9 The Flirt
10 P.M. Blues
11 Medley: My Bottle Is My Companion/The Highway Is Like A Woman

Nappyrags post: https://www20.zippyshare.com/v/d9h2SPo4/file.html

Here's a special treat for Percy Mayfield fans - two of Mark Naftalin's Blue Monday shows - 30 minutes each.
The first features John Lee Hooker, Charlie Musselwhite, Luther Tucker and Francis Clay. The second, and to my mind more special features Lowell Fulson and Percy Mayfield. I'm not aware of other live videos of Percy Mayfield so everyone needs to see this at least once. 7 day link. I'm happy to repost if needed.

Steve626 post: https://workupload.com/file/RXDHQSqK
Thank you both very much for this additions to the Percy Mayfield files.


11 comments:

slr in tx said...

Thanks for a real find! I don't know why Percy is not better known.

Nappyrags said...

Wow glad to come up with one you don't have Xyros...good stuff here with Mark Naftalin, Pee Wee Crayton and others joining in...

Steve626 said...

Xyros:

Here's a special treat for Percy Mayfield fans - two of Mark Naftalin's Blue Monday shows - 30 minutes each.
The first features John Lee Hooker, Charlie Musselwhite, Luther Tucker and Francis Clay. The second, and to my mind more special features Lowell Fulson and Percy Mayfield. I'm not aware of other live videos of Percy Mayfield so everyone needs to see this at least once. 7 day link. I'm happy to repost if needed.

https://we.tl/t-52weTOm2n0

Xyros said...

Steve626, look forward to watching both shows and as I've never seen PM live his show will be interesting.

Nappyrags said...

Mucho thanks for the video...sweet stuff

apauling said...

Thank you for this incredible artifact! My brother, a friend of Naftalin's, was given a VHS tape called Percy Mayfield - Laureate of the Blues many years ago. He subsequently gave it to an Italian fan and I've been unable to to find anything beyond a Library of Congress listing for the doc. In the meantime, the recordings from the Sleeping Lady on offer here are a remarkable find.

Hricz said...

Here is the link for more information to the VHS tape, will try to put it on you tube next week...

https://www.loc.gov/item/jots.200018412

Best wishes
Kurt

Xyros said...

Kurt, many thanks for sharing the link.

jimmyvapor said...

Please repost, missed this! Greatly appreciated.

Jimmy M

Xyros said...

@ jimmyvapor, sorry my mistake with the settings. It's now available.

Anonymous said...

WOW! My first time here and what a great find this show is! Percy and his band are great and the recording couldn't sound better. Thanks for sharing this! - SteveR, Philadelphia