Sunday, July 5, 2020

Various - Knock Out Blues Early R&B 1940-52


1 –Tiny Parker & Daddy Merritt* Knockout Blues
2 –Tiny Parker & Daddy Merritt* My Daddy Loves It
3 –Otis Ducker Do Me A Favor
4 –Otis Ducker Talkative Baby
5 –Franz Jackson Boogie Woogie Camp Meeting
6 –Pete Turner (6) Pete Turner Blues
7 –Pete Turner (6) Little Man Blues
8 –Richard King (13) Banks Of The River
9 –Richard King (13) Ride, Daddy, Ride
10 –Lil Palmore I Believe I'll Go Back Home
11 –Lil Palmore Lil's Caldonia Boogie
12 –Ulysses James Poor Boy
13 –Three Bits Of Rhythm I'm Lonesome
14 –Three Bits Of Rhythm This Is The Boogie, The Woogie The Boogie
15 –Three Bits Of Rhythm The Old Blues
16 –Three Bits Of Rhythm Bronzeville Jump
17 –Three Bits Of Rhythm I Used To Work In Chicago
18 –Three Bits Of Rhythm That's The Boogie
19 –Three Bits Of Rhythm Yas Yas Yas
20 –Three Bits Of Rhythm I'll Be True
21 –Three Bits Of Rhythm Root Beer Sizzle Sazzle Sizzle
22 –Three Bits Of Rhythm The Man That Comes to My House

KansasJoe post: https://www85.zippyshare.com/v/btAr42QP/file.html

8 comments:

soulpapa said...

Many thanks!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi!

Thanx for this one. LUV Jump Blues early R&B sound. Have Vol. I? Any others, please?

Cheers!
Ciao! For now.
rntcj

boogieman said...

Thanks Xyros. Now listen carefully to The Three Bits of Rhythm's This Is The Boogie, The Woogie, The Boogie and tell me if it doesn't remind you of the Hucklebuck's riff ? Before Paul Williams, before Charlie Parker's Now is the Time and before Lucky Millinder's D Natural Blues. Strange, innit.

boogieman said...

... and by the way I haven't come across Vol.1. I assume it exists.

Best
Boogieman

Xyros said...

@ mycj and Boogieman, this is one of many rips that KansasJoe has passed on to share. Checking Discogs and what I have backed up I did find Vol. 1 and 3 which possibly completes this series. They'll be posted soon.

Anonymous said...

Hi!

Those would be GREATLY appreciated & no rush.

Cheers!
Ciao! For now.
rntcj

Johnnyfive said...

Thank You

codeg said...

Many thanks for sharing! I would be very grateful if you could also post volumes 1 and 3.