Wednesday, August 7, 2024

Various - The Motor City Scrap Book - Detroit Soul 1960-1963


1-1    The Van Dellos –    I Need You
1-2    The O'Jays–    Miracles
1-3    Lee Rogers–    Troubles
1-4    David Ruffin–    One Of These Days
1-5    Barrett Strong–    You Knows What To Do
1-6    The Four Holidays–    Hurricane Of Love
1-7    Melvin Davis –    Playboy (Don't You Play In School)
1-8    The Distants–    All Right
1-9    Saundra Mallett & The Vandellas –    It's Gonna Be Hard Times
1-10    The Barons –    While The Cat's Away
1-11    Bobbie Smith & The Dream Girls–    Mr. Fine
1-12    Richard Wylie & His Band–    Money (That's What I Want)
1-13    Gino Parks–    That's No Lie
1-14    Sammy Ward & Sherri Taylor–    Oh Lover
1-15    Ty Hunter–    Envy Of Every Man
1-16    Willie Jones & The Royal Jokers –    Fast Choo Choo
1-17    Benny McCain & The Ohio Untouchables–    She's My Heart's Desire
1-18    Loe & Joe–    Little Ole Boy - Little Ole Girl
1-19    Shorty Long–    Too Smart
1-20    Ruben Fort–    I Feel It
1-21    Timmy Shaw–    Thunder In My Heart
1-22    The Temptations–    Oh Mother Of Mine
1-23    The Spinners With Bobby Smith–    She Don't Love Me
1-24    Martha & The Vandellas*–    My Baby Won't Come Back
1-25    Calvin Williams–    It Don't Mean A Thing
1-26    Mary Wells–    I'm So Sorry
1-27    The Ohio Untouchables–    Your Love Is Amazing
1-28    Richard Street And The Distants–    Save Me From This Misery
2-1    Bettye Lavett–    You Killed The Love (Extended)
2-2    Harvey*–    Any Way You Wanta
2-3    Wilson Pickett–    Let Me Be Your Boy
2-4    The Merced Bluenotes–    Midnight Session (Pt 1)
2-5    Johnny West –    It Ain't Love
2-6    Bobbie Smith & The Dream Girls–    Now He's Gone
2-7    The Contours–    So Grateful
2-8    The Falcons–    Let's Kiss And Make Up
2-9    Johnny Rodgers & The Nu Tones–    Make A Change
2-10    Yvonne Vernee–    It's Been A Long Time
2-11    The Technics–    A Man's Confession
2-12    Timmy Shaw–    I'm A Lonely Guy
2-13    Joe Stubbs–    What's My Destiny
2-14    Geraldine Hunt–    I Let Myself Go
2-15    Sherri Taylor–    He's The One That Rings My Bell
2-16    The Seminoles–    It Takes A Lot
2-17    The Sty-Letts–    Too Far To Turn Around
2-18    Bobby Williams–    I'm Depending On You
2-19    Gino Washington–    I'm A Coward
2-20    Lamont Dozier–    Fortune Teller Tell Me
2-21    Roger Wade –    Little Girl
2-22    Willie Kendricks–    Let Me Know
2-23    The Sonnettes–    I've Gotten Over You
2-24    The Taylor Tones–    Poor Little Girl
2-25    Mack Rice–    My Baby
2-26    Nolan Strong–    Mind Over Matter
2-27    Benny McCain–    (I Don't Want No) Part Time Love
 

4 comments:

Ballas said...

TYVM for this excellent compilation Xyros.

festoonic said...

Holy smoke! Thank you!

lemonflag said...

Thanks

Anonymous said...

Hi Xyros,

I repeat... It's just for your info,

Here another sample in this soul internet serie, compare in the cd.....

cd1 track 25 calvin williams, here find the original track;

https://pixeldrain.com/u/ChGpxSue